Call for Papers - MFAT-IFAT-DOSz Conference on the Visegrad Four
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) in cooperation with the Institute for Foreign Affairs and Trade (IFAT) and the Association of Hungarian PhD and DLA Students (“Doktoranduszok Országos Szövetsége” [DOSz]) is pleased to inform you about the forthcoming “MFAT-IFAT-DOSz Conference” which is going to take place in Budapest in May 2018. The issue of the conference will concentrate on the Hungarian presidency of the Visegrad Four, looking at the challenges and opportunities this regional format is facing.
We are announcing this call for papers in order to provide an opportunity for doctoral students, doctoral candidates and young and accomplished researchers, both in Hungary and abroad to contribute to the debate on Visegrad’s future. We are looking for original, previously unpublished essays, with a maximum length of 50.000 characters to be published as conference proceedings in electronic form.
- January 31, 2018: those interested in contributing to the issue, should send their maximum 500 word abstract to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 16, 2018: decision is announced on the preliminary acceptance of the abstracts
- April 13, 2018: deadline for the submission of the full paper
- April 30, 2018: decision of the double blind peer review process is announced
- May, 2018: conference
- June, 2018: publication of the conference proceedings in the special issue of IFAT’s quarterly journal, Külügyi Szemle, the leading foreign policy journal in Hungary.
All manuscripts must be referenced according to the APA format. Submissions without proper references will be automatically rejected. All submissions will go through a double blind peer review process, and we provide feedback for every author. Copyediting and proofreading will be provided by IFAT as the editor of the volume.
IFAT reserves the right to reject the publication of any paper without prior notice. IFAT does not keep and return manuscripts, but we try to ensure that even the papers which do not get published in the printed volume, have an opportunity to appear on IFAT’s other series, especially in the KKI Analysis format.
Should you have any questions regarding this call, please contact us in email at email@example.com